Wednesday 10 March 2010

something for mum

I recently discovered a book called "Iris Folding" by Michelle Powell (published by Search Press who I love!) Its full of really original designs.
This one is called "Pretty Pink Parcel"Although thats really appropriate, I actually used different papers from the one in the book. They are from a range called "Sweet Nothings" by Papermania. I also enlarged the pattern a little as the one given is really small

The design is a sort of streached square, and takes 4 different colours to complete. (although one colour could be
used throughout) It comprises of numbers as well as symbols which is a bit more challenging than usual, but as long as you concentrate, it's still quite easy to do.

I decided to use a gatefold card with a topper (attatched to the left-hand side only) When the iris folding was complete I created a deckled edge, put a brad in each corner for effect and stuck it to the topper with foam tape. The "bow" is then added, together with any embelishments (in this case peel-off dots and small punched flowers)
The tag was still quite small but just big enough to take the word "MUM" which will make it ideal for Mothers Day! (another problem solved!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!