Monday 22 March 2010

nectar card

Anyone who follows this blog regularly will soon come to realize my passion for butterflies! I just love them. I even kept a moon moth for a few months last year, and I reared it from a coccoon. Anyway back to my latest creation.
I stamped a butterfly image onto white card 3 times to give me different shades of black and grey. Then I arranged the images onto a piece of holographic card starting with the lightest colour first, then the medium, and finally the black. I completed the design by adding some little punched butterflies, and mounted it onto a piece of white deckle-edged card. This was then added to a 14 x 14 cm card blank in black. I embelished the card with silver corner peel-offs.
I hope the photo will give you some idea of the detail of the design because it took ages to do!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card but I suppose that's because I'm a bit of a butterfly lover as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!