Friday 2 April 2010

Something for Easter

I have been crafting for some years now and my friends often ask me what to do with spare backing papers, especially those that remain unused in 6 x 6 and 8 x 8 packs. Well, here's one idea which may come in useful for Eastertime.

I drew out an egg shape and copied 12 of them onto 2 different coloured pieces of 6 x 6. I cut them out, and folded each piece in half. Then I glued them together with the folded edges in the middle. The last half was stuck to the first one, to form a sort of "circle. " When the sections were opened up the egg was completed. Finally I wrapped a length of acetate ribbon around the egg and tied it in a knot.
If you made a few of these 3d shapes, they could be hung onto twigs and used as a decoration.

There'll be more ideas for spare papers comming up over the next few weeks, so watch this space!

1 comment:

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!