Monday 19 April 2010

creating a stencil design

I wanted to do something really different this week so I thought I would have a go at stencilling.

I took the design from an old magazine. It was only the daffodil but I added the stained glass background for effect.

The picture on the right is the one made from the original stencil by putting the pattern (which was on white paper) onto black card and cutting through both.

I created the picture on the left by gluing the main pieces (taken from the picture on the right) onto white card. I then cut around the image creating a frame, so that the picture was attatched in several places. I used black and white card throughout for a more dramatic effect, but Iwanted to know how different these pictures would look in colour, so I thought I would find out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Pat this must have taken hours to do.
    Looks Fantastic.
    Sue X X

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!