Thursday 8 April 2010

Just add a stamp!


It was my birthday a few weeks ago and I had some really lovely hand-made cards! One of these was a design made from a paper with butterflies,(just right for me)and it became a scource of inspiration for my latest card.

There always seem to be a few papers in a pack that I can't find a use for and that get left to one side. The ones that I chose were from a black and white set that I had some time ago. It has a large flower surrounded by smaller daisies. I have stamped it with butterflies (using one from the "20 best friends stamps" by Royal and Langnickel) and added glitter to the stamen, then I cut it into strips to form 2 "different" sized cards. The finished effect is very simular to the one on the original birthday card,and I am really pleased with the result!

So next time you are left with some papers that you don't know what to do with, try adding some stamped images to embelish the design!

Just had a look at this post and I've noticed that you can see how the picture was taken...I had to prop the cards up on a cushion on the table! It gave me the clearest image. If you have posted blogs yourself you will know how difficult it can be to take a good photo so please concentrate on the main picture and try to ignore the surround!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, I love these two cards. Very pretty...very you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is really beautiful but even more so in the flesh. :)

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!