Tuesday 29 June 2010

Seaside Butterfly

Having spent a few days at the seaside chillin' out last weekend I was feelin' all relaxed and summery! So this weeks card is made from a 6 x 6 paper in "seaside" blues.

I made the butterfly from 2 circles of paper which were concertina folded, then held together by a piece of beading wire wrapped around them. You have to leave a short piece of wire at the beginning, and at the end to form the antenae.

The flowers at the bottom were layered, to give a more 3-d effect and added to the paper with pads.

Using a card measuring 14cm x 21cm, I added a deckle-edged mat in a complimentary paper, then a white mat, followed by the picture. Although its hard to see from the photo, I added some stick-on pearls and small butterfly peel-offs. Finally I glittered the folded butterfly and flowers.

I think that this design would probably work with any corresponding papers that you might have.

Till next time, Happy crafting,
Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!