Wednesday 7 July 2010

Oriental butterflies


There are some lovely oriental papers on the market at the moment and I couldn't resist having a little go with them!It's a butterfly card (of course)
I stuck 2 matts onto a square card blank, then concertina folded another piece of paper to hold the butterflies. I threaded cocktail sticks into the edges and made some black beads for each end. I didnt have any butterflies that I hadnt used so I lifted the "waste" butterflies from a peel-off sheet. These were then stuck to the "blind" and the blind applied to the centre of the second matt. I added 2 strips of paper and 6 more beads to the side, and an Chinese greeting peel-off on a mount of black card. It reads "friend"
Although these papers are of an oriental theme they are very versatile and some of them could be used for other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!