Sunday 25 July 2010

mushrooms

I love toadstools, even the "real macoy" so this design (that I saw in a craft magazine recently) really appealed to me.

It used the "my minds eye" papers, which I think are really good quality.

To start with the pattern needed to be enlarged by 155%. It was a print of the finished design as a whole,so I had to take it apart to form the background and seperate mushroom pieces. When it came to the grass I realised that I needed a"Sizzix Big Shot" and a grass die! As I don't possess either I struggled to design my OWN.

Undeterred, I put all of the pieces together but then realised that I didnt have a fence. I drew one in, and it didn't look look too bad. I cut out the top shape and folded the card together. The front fold cracked and the little orange mushroom flipped up on the left as it was over a fold and needed to move! I tried to flatten the whole lot in a book but then the grass pieces cracked as well. When I looked at the picture in the magazine I realised that the front fold on their card was also cracking and any others had been hiden by the display. It had taken a lot of time and work but eventually the card ended up in the bin!

Wouldnt it be refreshing if some of the magazines gave us whole patterns that didnt need to be enlarged and for which no special equipment was required? Surely then the nock-on effect would benefit everyone!

Fell better now Iv'e got that off my chest.....normal services will soon be resumed!

Till next time,
happy crafting,
Pat x

1 comment:

  1. I love mushrooms/toadstools too and your project is sweet. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!