Thursday 19 August 2010

mache butterfly

I think that this is the most unusual way of using a rubber stamp that I have ever seen!
You need a "solid" image not a decorative one for this project. Mix a small amount of P.V.A. glue with twice as much water. Take 7 sheets of tissue paper ( I used make up tissues) and glue them one at a time to your stamp. Once all the tissue has been used gently remove the paper from the stamp and allow to dry overnight. Colour the image using ink pads (I used cats eyes chalk pads from Colourbox) and a cotton bud. How simple is that!
A couple of tips I'd like to pass on;
1. In order to ensure that the design is as clear as possible push the stamp into the paper mache before you remove it for drying.
2. Put the image onto acetate while it dries so that it can be removed easily. If you dry it on paper, the paper will stick to it.
3. Add the finished piece to your card with brads so that the image does not get flattened.

Hope you'll give this a try sometime.........I' love to know what you think and how you get on!
Happy crafting
Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!