Tuesday 16 November 2010

Christmas in black "n" white


I think that black and white designs always look stunning and it's nice to find one that's suitable for a man too.
I printed the silhouette on to white copy paper. This was then attatched to some thin black card and cut out with a craft knife. The copy paper was then removed leaving a white as well as a black image .I took an A5 card blank and added a black card matt. I stuck the white tree to the right of the card (using the black image to help me to position it.)I attatched a circle to the left-hand side for a moon.
I then took a piece of vellum and stuck it to the card. The black silhouette was placed over the other 2 layers and glued in place. I added 3 peel-off stars to the centre of the image, a silver edge and a Happy Christmas sentiment.
I think that the effect is quite magical and with the current spell of foggy weather, very appropriate too. Looks like I've made my husband's Christmas card as well!
Till next time,
Happy crafting,
Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!