Tuesday 22 March 2011

from a leaf punch...



Every now and again it's nice to get back to basics and create something pretty from basic stock. I also wanted to limit the colours that I used so I chose cream and brown.
This card is made from punched leaf shapes which were interlocked to make flowers. A small quilled peg was attatched to the centre of the larger blooms and the base of the bud. I cut 3 strips of card into a gentle arc shape for the stems and added more punched leaves for the foliage.
I arranged the flowers on my cutting mat and took a photo to refer to later. (this is a really good tip for me because I can never get things in the same place twice!)
I took some brown corrogated card and wrapped a piece of openweave "lace" around the left-hand side. This was attatched at the back with double-sided tape. I applied the brown card to a cream matt (which was deckle-edged) and then onto a dark brown card blank.
At this point, I decided that the flowers needed more definition so I chalked the centres in brown too. I re-applied the flowers (using the photo I had taken previously as a guide) added a tiny butterfly and a "Happy Birthday" sentiment .
It was nice to use up some of the bits and bobs Ive accumulated while I was making this card, and to create something from scratch! I really enjoyed myself and hope it will inspire you to do the same!

Until next time,
Happy crafting.
Love, Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!