Wednesday 30 March 2011

a mothers day card


I wanted to create something querky and unusual for Mother's Day this year, and this is it!

I stamped the butterfly image onto card and coloured it in shades of green. (I have found with this particular stamp that the colour of the lower wings has to be much lighter than those on the upper wings, otherwise it looks like a woman with a moustache!) I then inkled the edges of the card. I cut out a further piece of card and stamped the sentiment (I have had 3 daughters and a granddaughter,so far, so it seems quite relevant!)

I took a green A5 card blank and added a checked mount. I then punched 3 daisies, inked the edges, and attatched then to the bottom left-hand side. I put a green gem into the centre of each flower. I placed the sentiment between the butterfly and the daisies. Finally, I added 3 more gems to the top right-hand side of the mount.


I know this card may not be to everyone's taste but now and again, its nice to do something different!


Until next time,

Happy crafting

Love Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!