Tuesday 4 February 2014

George and the Dragon / Hearts and poppies

I've always loved this Craft Creations decoupage paper and as Valentine Day is only just around the corner it seemed an ideal opportunity to use it! After I had cut out the design, I stuck it to a piece of white card before applying it to a striped green card blank. I put a die cut heart above the face of the creature, which read "To my George from your Dragon" On the smaller hearts it reads "be mine"... and that's all there was to it.

I also wanted to make some cards with Valentines Day in mind but that could also be used for other occasions, like an anniversary.

HEARTS AND POPPIES;

Both cards were made using an IndigoBlu Wild Flowers stamp. I stamped 2 separate images onto cream card. (piece 1 and piece 2)

Piece 1 - Cut to fit card (as required) then deckle edges. Using a die, cut a heart shape over the poppies then ink the inner edge.

Piece 2 - cut slightly smaller than piece 1. Colour poppies and grass underneath.

Using 3d pads apply piece 1 over
 piece 2 (matching pattern)

I used an A5 card blank in cream and wrapped a piece of black card over the fold. ( I cut it 4cm long at the back) I applied the poppy design to the top and added peel-off dots to the corners.


The bottom card was made in a similar way to the one at the top only this time the plain stamped card sat at the back of the design. The heart was cut out and coloured. The edges were inked, then it was applied to the front of the plain stamped card on 3d pads.

I don't do very much stamping but I really enjoyed creating these designs and it was such a lovely stamp to use!

Until next time
Keep crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!