Thursday 27 March 2014

"Celebrate in Style" stamp

When I first had this stamp I couldn't find any inspiration on the web at all. So, I just had to come up with something myself.

First I stamped the image onto a piece of paper and cut it out. I stamped the same image onto the centre of the card, then covered it with the mask and stamped one to the left and one to the right. I then removed the mask and coloured the ladies in.

I took a piece of acetate half a centimetre longer than the card and the same width. Then I cut 2 strips of brown card 2cms wide and deckled the edge. I folded each strip down the middle. I stuck the acetate onto one of the strips up to the fold then applied it to the main card on the left hand side. I applied peel offs to the back of the acetate (so that they wouldn't come off easily) 1cm from the top and the bottom and 2.5cms in from each side (starting at the fold line on the brown card on the left) The easiest way to get a straight line is to use the grid on a cutting mat as a guide.

I then stuck half of the brown strip to the right hand side of the card (only) Once the glue had dried, the acetate was fed inside the lip on the strip of brown card on the right to create a sort of window. This gives the card a 3d feel and the acetate can be taken out of the "lip" for postage. (You'll probably have to slip a little note to the recipient so that they know where to put the acetate when they receive the card but still.......)

The greeting was stamped  and cut out in a bubble - style shape, then applied onto the card itself, at the front of the ladies, with 3d pads.

Hope you'll try this style of card for yourself and have a little fun with it.

Till next time
Happy crafting
Pat x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!