Sunday 11 July 2021

A few painted rocks

 Over the last few years I've indulged in a bit of rock painting. Its  a really peaceful process.  I draw on my character then use acrylic paint to add colour. 


These are my latest creations. Some of them are inspired by simular designs on pinterest and some are my own ideas. 

Once the painting has dried I add a plain colour at the back and write "FB Derbyshire rocks keep or re-hide " in permanent marker. Then I varnish the back first in clear yacht varnish.It's important to do it sparingly so that it doesn't run. I apply 2 coats. Once these are dry I apply 2 coats to the front of the rock so that both sides are protected from damage. 

Here are some earlier attempts


It's always lovely when someone finds one and puts it on Facebook but it rarely happens. It's just nice to know that a little bit of you is out there and that it hopefully made someone smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!