Saturday 27 February 2010



I bought this Papermania stamp last year for a special occasion but it seemed a bit limiting after the event. So I decided to try to decoupage it instead.
I stamped 2 images in fawn-coloured ink and cut them up, following the pattern lines to create the butterfly card, shown above. I made an oval with a scalloped edge and inked that with the same pad as well. This was then mounted onto a white background and a piece of dark brown card (which was also scalloped-edged) before attatching to an A5 card blank. I stuck the butterflies at an angle to each other on the oval piece of card and added the sentiment. The other embelishments were the corners and half-circle shapes which looked like brads. (peel-offs coloured with permanent markers) If you don't have this stamp but would like to try the technique something simular could be achieved with another mandala-style stamp or perhaps a mandala style peel-off.( I might even try that myself)
Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Pat, I love it. Bring it up to the shop I would love to see it in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!