Tuesday 23 February 2010

Just been playing with some of the new dovecraft stamps! I really enjoyed creating this "slider" card. It was suprisingly simple too. I just made a topper with a cloud-shaped edge and chalked the sides. I stamped flowers and leaves across the bottom and some extra ones on a spare piece of card so that I could decoupage them later. I cut a slit 1cm above the tallest flower and 2cm less than the width of the topper each side. I then cut a half moon shape on the left hand side of the slit and constructed the slider mechanism. All of the stamping was coloured using pencil crayons. I rendered some of the flowers and leaves in 3d as well as the "fly" character. It was then stuck to the slider and I added the bee, "Happy Birthday"and a few z's for effect. Hope you like it and that it will inspire you to try something different when you are stamping! Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!