Saturday 15 May 2010

back to peel-offs


Like most crafters, I never underestimate the value of peel-offs! I suppose these cards are a sort of "altered art" but I must say I was really pleased with the finished results!

card 1 - DAISIES
I took the flowers from a daisy peel-off and stuck them onto some shiny wrapping paper. Then I cut them out and arranged them onto a white card. I replaced some of the waste (from the peel-off) and added it to the centre of the flower. I used a chain peel-off for the stems and coloured the middles with a black pen. I took the leaf shapes (left over from a black peel-off )and put them onto silver holographic card before adding them to the design. This topper was then mounted onto black card (at a jaunty angle!) before adding to an A5 card blank. I used a "Happy Birthday" greeting and 4 silver dots to complete the project.

card 2 - KISSING FISHES
First of all, I made a "spring" card,( which is simular to a card recently shown on my blog ) then I took some left over teabag papers and stuck some fish peel-offs onto them. I cut out a "sea weed" shape, and decorated the base with more tea-bag papers. Then I added a few bubbles for effect. The black "spots" on the fish are made by colouring the waste pieces and reinserting them into the design.
I think its really querky and something that would be quick to put together if you needed an anniversary card in a rush! Of course, the fish peel offs could be put onto any sort of paper. It doesnt have to be tea-bag.

Hope these ideas have made you want to create some "altered art" of your own.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet cards Pat, love those kissing fishes. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look really nice! Something a little bit different but very creative! xxx

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!