Tuesday 18 January 2011

Embroidered tent card


We have had a bit of sun recently and the top of the Snowdrops have just begun to show, so I was really pleased when I came across this embroidered Snowdrop design.

I pricked out and embroidered the card (as shown in the original pattern) Then I mounted it onto some silver sticky-backed paper (thanks for that Helen!) and attatched it to a white tent-shaped blank.
This is a really easy shape to make! Take a strip of card,measure 3 equal widths at the bottom edge of the card front then, fold the bottom front edge in out then in again to create a sort of "W" shape.(the first part of the w being part of the front of your card) Find the centre of the remaining length (of the card) and fold in half. Stick the last part of the "W" to the back of the card. Then simply mount a picture onto it
Honestly in spite of the explanation, it really IS easy!

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card fold I will have to try it myself. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!