Wednesday 26 January 2011

a get well card


I found the pattern for this little "Get well" card in a book at the local library. It's so quirky that I had to have a go at it. The pattern and construction were very easy. It's a bit like a piecing project with a pop-up centre. The only parts you have to "design" yourself, are the plaster and spots ( a strip of card and punched circles)
The little man on the front is cut from scraps of card (I'm sure we all have plenty of those!) and pieced together. I then wrote the message on the top by hand (the one inside is hand-written too) but you could use a peel-off greeting instead.
The mouth completes the face and is drawn with a gel pen or fine felt tip. On the front of the card the little man is looking miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!