Sunday 28 July 2013

buddleja card


A Buddleja bush draws all of the summer butterflies to the garden and I wanted to capture this moment when I made my card.
I used a 14.8cm white card blank and added a deckled purple matt (14cm x 14cm)and a central white square (10x10cm)
Using a "Joy" die I cut out all of the flowers and stuck them to 2 cone shapes I had created. I adhered the first flower to the card with glue and the second over the top using sticky pads.  I coloured the edges of the leaves with purple ink to make them look more realistic and I rendered 2 of them in 3d. I then added gems as shown.
True to say, it wouldn't be very practical to put this card in an envelope so I will have to make a box for it. It will have to be for someone really special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!