Sunday 28 July 2013

Stencilling part 2


 I made a further stencil as before. This time I drew through all of the sections and made a Zentangle pattern. Can you  remember the old idea called "taking a dog for a walk?" It consisted of drawing an overlapping squiggle on a page and then filling in all of the sections with a different pattern. Well its a bit like that. When I was designing my butterfly, I realised it was a good idea to repeat each pattern on the top and bottom wings to bring the design together. I then blacked out the centrepiece a little so that the sections became fused in the middle.
I feel that the time making the stencil was well worthwhile, considering the different effects I achieved, and because of this I decided to have a go at making my own butterfly design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!