Sunday 28 July 2013

Stencils part 3


I took a piece of copy paper, folded it in half, and drew a simple butterfly shape on it. I then drew sections within the top and bottom wings. Using a craft knife, I carefully cut out each section making sure that the blade went through both pieces of paper at a time. I opened the folded paper out to form my stencil.
 I took a piece of white card, and attached the stencil (with masking tape) I didn't want to use the full image this time. (see image)  I applied inks as before overlapping the colours to obtain different shades. I repeated the same thing in the opposite corner of the paper. I then inked 2 more bodies (on a separate piece of paper) so that I could attach them later.
I cut around the butterfly wings and folded them towards the body. I then stuck the centre of the butterflies to my base card,with glue and attached  the wings with 3d pads. I also put pads on the extra body pieces before attaching them to the butterflies.
 I made the daisies from lemon card and embossed them along each petal. I punched out a small dot (from another piece of card) and used this to stencil through to form the middle of each flower.
It was nice to do some more designing and I bet you would never guess that I'm a big fan of butterflies!

Till next time
Happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!