Friday 30 April 2021

2 rose cards

 I've been saving some papers with rose's on them for some time and I thought it was about time I turned them into cards.


I removed the background from the first design  and glued it to a die cut circle. I added faux stitching to the edge.  I attatched a square of the patterned papers to a white card blank and added faux stitching to the edges. I applied peel off corners then cut a strip of  paper in a complimentary colour and stuck it to the centre of the card. The decoupage topper was stuck to a deckle edged circle then added to the middle on double sided pads. 
Finally I stuck a small white butterfly to the top left if the topper and a few peel off dots to complete.

The second card was made using the darker papers.


 This design was of rose buds in a frame. I took a 5" x 7" card blank, measured 5cm from the fold and removed the excess. I cut a 3cm strip from the cut off piece. Then I cut a strip of acetate that would fit between the 2 sections. This was stuck at the back at the edge of each strip with double sided tape. I covered both pieces with patterned paper cut so that there was a small edge of card showing all around. 

I added peel offs to the inner edge sections. I made up the decoupage then stuck it onto the card where it overlapped the pattern paper. (Only) I tied a pink bow and stuck it to the top of the picture frame.

The peel off greeting was applied to the acetate as shown.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!