Tuesday 25 May 2021

Flippin men!

 I'm lucky to still have some flippin men papers but don't have the ready made cards for them. So I've made my own!


I cut an aperture into a 6 x 6 inch card blank using an oval die. I cut a slightly larger oval in acetate and stuck it over the aperture at the front of the card. Then I drew around another slightly larger oval and cut around that with deckle edged scissors. I cut an aperture into the last piece that matched the original and glued it on top of the acetate to form a frame. 

Next I cut out the decoupage on the sheet. I drew a thick line on the wrong side of the revers image then stuck it to the acetate on the inside I stuck the forward facing image on the front of the acetate matching it up with the one inside. (The black line made any overhanging white bits invisible). I rendered it in 3d.

Finally I put the backing image inside the card so that it would show through the front when it was closed.


I think these papers are great fun and its a shame that they aren't so easy to buy any more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!