Saturday 19 February 2011

ballet card


My little granddaughter has become very fond of her ballet lessons and this was the inspiration for this weeks card.

I stamped the image onto a 9cm x 9cm white card and coloured it with watercolour pencils. I then cut it into 9 pieces and numbered it (right to left) on the back. I inked the edges of each piece. (It's best to do this very sparingly so that the picture remains in tact)

Next, I took a 9.5cm square of red card and made up the picture like a puzzle. I decorated the corners with a peel-off dot. The design was applied to the card blank with double-sided tape.

The musical notes have been cut from thin pink card and glued to the right hand side along with some small peel-off dots. I then added my "Happy Birthday" message. (My granddaughter and I are saving this card for a little friend of hers who goes to the same ballet class. Waste not want not eh?)

Until next time
Happy crafting, and for those of you with little ones of your own, have a good half-term.

Love Pat x


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!