Thursday 10 February 2011

Valentines card 1


There are a few cards simular to this design on the net, so I thought I'd have a go too!
Although you can use punches to form the main shapes it's easy enough to make up your own pattern if you don't have them.
The jacket and shirt design consists of 1 white and 1 grey heart and a small piece of ribbon; the lady and dress consists of 1 flesh coloured and 1 red heart shape, plus 2 circles. All of the shading is created with a sponge and ink pads.
I mounted my design on 2 layers of white card which I had deckle-edged. The card blank measured 14cm square.
I really enjoyed making this card and I think it is very versatile too! It could be used for any anniversary, or prom etc and if the lady's dress was made in white (or cream) it would be lovely for a wedding as well.

2 comments:

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!