Saturday 5 February 2011

Chinese New year


I've recently made this little oriental card which I felt would be ideal for the Chinese New Year celebration.
I took a 14.8 square card blank. I chose an oriental paper for the first matt which measured 12cm x 12cm. The second matt is a grey-green card measuring 11cm x 11cm.
I cut slivers of black card to create the branch and attatched them with P.V.A. glue. Then I punched out 11 tiny flowers in velum. I didn't have any coloured velum at the time so I sponged some die (from an ink pad) onto a white piece. It worked really well because even though the colour was a bit uneven, it didnt matter! I arranged the blossom on the branches in ones and twos, applied a little glue from a glue pen into the centres, and glittered them.
I then took a strip of complimentary oriental paper and cut a strip measuring 10.5cm x 3cm. Using a pair of pinking sheers I cut zig-zags into each side matching up the shaping. I then cut the strip into 3 pieces measuring 3.5cm x 3cm. I drew curved lines between the inner points with a gel pen. As the paper I had chosen for the lanterns was quite pale, I also added some daisies and dots.
I then cut a length of wire, curled the end, and attatched it to each lantern with masking tape at the back. The lanterns were then applied to the card with 3d pads.
Finally, I coloured some peel-off lettering with a permanent marker. I stuck them to a small piece of white card, then a piece of black. I applied the PEACE sentiment with 3d pads.
I felt the overall appearance of the card was very pleasing, and I hope you will like it too!
Happy crafting, Luv Pat x

2 comments:

It's great to hear what you think about the projects and I love reading your comments!